- I got to put out a (rather lengthy) plastic cigarette butt trashcan thingy fire, having my director thus dub me "Fireman Marissa"
- I had a 5 year old run up and give me a big hug after I watched his books while "he went potty with Mommy"
- I input a override password into a PSP handheld, and got a standing ovation (a quiet one!) when it worked
- One of my favorite reference transactions: "Yeah, my teacher said I have to read a Hemingway novel." "Okay, which one?" "It doesn't matter." "How about Old Man and the Sea? It's short." "How short?" "105 pages short." "Dude! Sweet! You rock!" I laughed.
- Getting to teach someone how to use the Contemporary Authors, CLCs, TCLCs, and seeing the lightbulb go off when they figured out the index and the information it contained
- Having a patron seek me out to tell me how much a particular audiobook narration rocked based on my recommendation (Yay for Scott Brick!)
- Feeling that sense of satisfaction as I weed really, REALLY outdated (and dusty) volumes from our print reference collection
- Having a patron pump his fist and grin when I accessed our online auto repair database and found the EXACT wiring diagram he needed
- Picking out a new picnic table for the staff area, as well as new benches and even a zippy new trashcan
Every Day Is NOT Exactly the Same
Some of the fun things I've encountered at Ye Olde Library in the last couple of days...
Scribbled by Marissa