I'm sure I'm going to have a flurry of updating activity here at LFM, so hang on to your RSS feeds!
Things I learned while in England:
- Your iPod can double as a mirror when sitting in a cramped airplane seat.
- Drinks of any kind in England come in two sizes: shot glass, or double shot glass.
- Showers in England come in two sizes: packing crate, or deluxe packing crate.
- Driving on narrow English side streets. Not hot.
- People who park in said narrow English side streets. Decidedly not hot.
- Fish and chips, curry and lamb ALL taste better on that side of the pond.
- Shandys rule.
- Nikes are a must.
- Wales is more beautiful than I ever imagined.
- It isn't possible to go back in time like Claire did in Outlander just by closing your eyes and picturing Jamie while standing in front of Stonehenge. I know. I tried.
- I could spend all day in Sainsbury's.
- The London Eye is, like, really tall. But really cool. *big proud grin*
- It annoys my dad when I take too many pictures.
- Listening to Nine Inch Nails while sitting on the beach smoking a surreptitious cigarette rocks.
- Cake on your birthday makes all the difference.
- Motorways - yes, you can go 90, but there sure as hell isn't somewhere to stop to pee or get a big honkin' coke for the road.
- My dad and I can vacation for 2.5 weeks without death or dismemberment. Cool. :-)